Labels

Monday, September 3, 2018

I Am What I Think

Ever wondered why some people are successful while others are not?
It's never an accident nor is it a result of luck. As Oprah Winfrey says, "People succeed when preparation and opportunity meet". In order to understand what Oprah is referring to, we need to realize that we are what we think we are and what we will become in the future, depends on what we think we will become. For example, if I think that I will never be rich, then why would I waste my
time trying to be? If I'm overweight and deep down, I think that I always will be, then why will I ever not be?

In order to prepare yourself for success, you must want and expect to be successful. In other words, you must form a clear and definite mental image of the things you want out of life and how you want your life to be. This is the very first step towards achieving whatever it is that you want or desire.

Most people never get to this step because of the way they already think. They put up barriers and make excuses that prevent them from enjoying all life has to offer. They say things like, "I'd really love to travel the world but that will never happen because that's just the way it is. I don't earn enough money to pay the bills, let alone jetset around the globe. It's just a waste of time and energy thinking about it. I was brought up in the Bronx and my life is similar to everybody else I know - if you came from the Bronx, you'd understand what I mean. Let's face it, people like me weren't meant to live a life like that".

Can you see the problem with this sort of reasoning and justification? It's a recipe for failure, not a recipe for success. Why do so many people think this way? I have pondered this question at length and I believe the answer lies in the fact that their mind jumps past this step and goes straight to the immediate obstacles that are seemingly insurmountable. The end result of this is that any flickering desire fades away before it can take form and substance. Self esteem, desire, focus and a belief that "where there is a will, there's a way" are essential success secrets.

Forget about the obstacles and simply concentrate on what you want. Visualise the life or goal(s) you desire for yourself. Make sure that you have a clear and definite image in your mind's eye. Think about it, contemplate it and it will take shape. Hold on to this image in your thoughts while you then creatively go about taking action to bring this vision to fulfillment by removing any obstacles in your path.

If you want to become rich, start at the beginning - with your thoughts. Create the vision then worry about the obstacles - not the other way around. If you do this and you then bring creativity and a steadfast determination to removing any obstacles, your life will change and begin to move in the direction of your thoughts.

Of course, there are other elements that must be present for you to succeed, but if you do this you will be off to a great start. You really are what you think you are, so if your life is not what you want it to be - think again and you just might change it for the better!

Barry Roche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divorce Date — March, 1

 Beddingfield, Chad and Terri Divorce Record: Beddingfield, Chad A. and Beddingfield, Terri ... More marriage & divorce records:...